Voting & Judging
How Are Winners Selected?
There are three different judging processes for the Canadian Cannabis Awards: voter-driven, judging committee-driven and special categories. Each has its own methodology.
Public Voting Guidelines
Public Voting Guidelines
Who can vote: Voting is open to anyone who is over the age of majority in their province (19+, or 18+ in Alberta and Quebec) at the time of voting. Employees of Lift & Co. are ineligible to vote. One vote per email address will be accepted.
Voting period: Public voting opens September 28, 2018 at 9:00 AM EDT and will close October 26, 2018 at 11:59 PM EDT. Voting for the Cannabis Crusader Award will close on October 12, 2018 at 5:00 PM EDT.
How to vote: Visit canadiancannabisawards.ca/vote to review the full listing of nominees and submit your vote(s). To vote, click on the VOTE NOW link on the page. On the voting page select the nominee(s) in each of the categories you wish to vote for. NOTE: ALL VOTES MUST BE SUBMITTED AT ONE TIME. Voters will only be able to vote once, per email address, during the voting period so please be sure to review your selections carefully prior to submitting. Once you have made your voting selections, hit SUBMIT at the bottom of the page to finalize vote. A screen confirming your selection will appear. Once votes are submitted they are considered final and cannot be altered by the voter or the administrator of the Awards.
Winners: Winners will be announced live at the Canadian Cannabis Awards Gala on November 29, 2018. Winners will also be emailed directly on November 30, 2018. Winner information will be updated on the website on November 30, 2018.
Promotions & Contest: Companies may choose to host contests and promotions to help mobilize voters. However, contests or promotions in which the entry mechanism is contingent on people voting for a specific company, product or person are discouraged. Failure to comply with this policy may result in the cancellation of your nomination.
Lift & Co. reserves the right to decide which nominees will be considered for final adjudication (public voting or judging panel). Lift & Co. is not responsible for internet failure or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God. Lift & Co. reserves the right to change the rules at any time. Lift & Co. is the official organizer of the Canadian Cannabis Awards & awards gala.
Voter-driven categories are categories where the winners are determined by the general public. The nominees will be announced on September 28, 2018 and voting will remain open until October 26, 2018. Voting will be available online via the Canadian Cannabis Awards website, and voters will be asked to select their top picks for each category. The winners will be chosen based on the total number of votes received.
- Top Indica Flower
- Top Sativa Flower
- Top Hybrid Flower
- Top High CBD Flower
- Top High THC Flower
- Top Balanced Flower
- Top High CBD Oil
- Top High THC Oil
- Top Balanced Oil
- Top Licensed Producer Customer Service
- Top Accessory Shop
- Top Clinic
- Top Desktop Vaporizer
- Top Portable Vaporizer
- Top Rolling Papers
- Top Grinder
- Top Pipe
- Top Bong
- Top Home Growing Box
- Cannabis Crusader
- Cannabis Influencer
- Top Twitter Influencer
- Top Cannabis YouTuber
- Top Cannabis Podcast
Judging Committee-Driven Categories
Judging Committee-Driven Categories
Lift & Co. curated a list of the most talented and knowledgeable cannabis industry professionals to judge a variety of CCA categories. The judging committee is made up of a variety of sectors in the cannabis space. The judging committee will follow the process below:
The judging committee will be provided with a list of nominees for each category, based on the nominations received during the nomination period, as well as a list of key questions to consider for each category.
Committee members will be asked to recuse themselves from voting in categories where they are conflicted; for instance, if a committee member is employed full-time with a nominated company.
The judging committee will be asked to score each nominee from 1-10 (10 being the highest) for each question. Nominees with the highest average score will win the CCA.
- Lifetime Achievement
- Start-up of the Year
- Cannabis Product of the Year
- Deal of the Year
- Innovator of the Year
- Woman in Weed - Trailblazer
- Innovation of the Year
- Top Non-Profit/Charity/Community Initiative
- Most Progressive Public Office
- Most Progressive Researcher
- Writer of the Year
- Marketing Campaign of the Year
- Brand of the Year
- Top Testing Lab
- Top Trimmer
- Top Seed Company
- Top Extraction Equipment
- Top Nutrients Company
- Top Lighting
- Darren Karasiuk, Aurora Cannabis Inc.
- Mike Gorenstein, the Cronos Group
- Martin Landry, GMP
- Hugo Alves, Auxly
- Zamina Walji, PWC
- Jonathan Page, Anandia
- Alison Gordon, 48North
- Ray Gracewood, Organigram
Special award categories each have their own methodology.
- Celebrity Advocate - This honorary award is determined by Lift & Co., and honours a prominent individual for his or her well-publicized cannabis activism and efforts to normalize the plant.
- Top Lift & Co. Reviewer - Chosen by Lift & Co. based on the volume and quality of personal contributions to the Lift.co website.
- Employer of the Year - Companies will self-nominate for Employer of the Year during the nomination process from Aug 13 - September 7, 2018. An employee survey will then be sent to each employer for their staff to fill out, which includes numerous questions on the employee’s experience with the company. Based on the responses, the average score will be calculated and an overall winner will be selected. The next nine winners will also be selected to make up the Top 10 Employers of the Year.
- Top Reviewed Product of the Year - Chosen by Lift & Co. based on the overall volume on the Lift.co website.
- Top Reviewed Licensed Producer -Chosen by Lift & Co. based on the overall volume and quality of reviews on the Lift.co website.
- Top Licensed Producer - This prestigious award weighs votes from all licensed producer categories, including Top Customer Service, Employer of the Year, and all Top Strain awards to determine the licensed producer that rules them all.